To install a printer in Endless OS follow these steps:
Via USB Cable:
- Connect the USB cable from your printer to one of the USB ports on your computer.
- The recognition should be automatic and once the installation is complete, a notification will appear stating that the printer is ready for use.
Networked printers (via Ethernet or Wi-Fi) can be found and installed as follows:
- Go to "Settings"
- Click on "Devices"
- Select "Printers"
- Click on "Unlock", is located in the upper right corner of the window, this will allow you to Add a Printer after you authenticate the user and password, if you have set up one. If you have not set a password for the account, please click on "Authenticate".
- The option "Add a Printer" is now available, please click it.
- A pop-up window with the message "Add a new printer" will appear. The system will search the printer on the network.
- When it appears, click on "Add" and add it to start with the installation.
Note: Make sure your printer is turned on, connected and configured to the internet. In some cases installing a printer might involve downloading and installing the driver from OpenPrinting.org, which is a process that EndlessOS manages automatically for printers having available drivers. If this is your case, you just need to confirm the download in case the driver does not come with the free license.
Do you have a question?
Fill out our form giving us more information
Send us a message