Follow the steps as below to make a debug log of Endless OS, after reproducing the issue that you would like to report:
- Turn on your computer and on the desktop.
- Press the keys "ALT + F2".
Note: some computers with "Fn" key, will require that you press it as well, "Fn+Alt+Fn"
- In this window that will appear in the center of the screen write "eos-diagnostics" and press the enter key.
- The log file in the format (.txt) will be saved to your Home folder.
Note: You can access it when you click on the "Documents" icon on your desktop.
- The log file name starts with "eos-diagnostic".
In some cases, we need more information than is included in this log, If that is so, follow these instructions:
- Open Terminal
- Run killall gnome-software
- Run gnome-software --verbose > gnome-software-verbose.txt – this will launch the app center and gather a lot of debug output to a text file
- Reproduce the problem in the app center
- Close the app center and return to the Terminal
- Press Ctrl-C
- Send gnome-software-verbose.txt to us
Fill out our form giving us more information
Send us a message